Submissions now open!
Submissions are now open for the Biomimetics in Bioengineering Conference 2019. You are invited to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation, which will be reviewed and selected by the Scientific Committee. Please prepare your abstract in line with the below conference themes.
Abstracts must be submitted in English via the online submission portal by 11:59pm Friday, 8 February 2019 AEST. Please ensure your submission is in Microsoft Word format and follows the abstract template available here. The contact author will be notified of their acceptance via email, from Friday, 1 March 2019.
- Abstract submission closes: Friday, 8 February 2019.
- Notification of submission acceptance: Friday, 1 March 2019.
- Presenter registration deadline: Friday, 5 April 2019.
- Structure and function in adaptive biomimetics.
- Self-organising biomaterials.
- Building biomimetics into biomaterial synthesis and design.
- Biophysics in biomimetics.
- Bioinspiration for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Nanomedicine and drug delivery using biomimetic approaches. NEW!
- Bioinspiration for artificial organs and medical devices. NEW!
Criteria that will be assessed by the Scientific Committee as part of the review includes:
- Quality of the proposal
- Relevance to the conference themes
- Significance of research questions or issues
- Appropriateness of the research methodology and analysis
- Importance of the findings
- Overall logic and clarity of the conclusions and implications of the research.
- Authors should prepare abstracts in line with the conference themes, and with the review criteria in mind.
- Abstract narrative must be clear and concise, and checked for correctness of spelling and grammar in advance of submission.
- Each submission must nominate one author as the presenter both within the submission system and by underlining the presenter’s name within the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in Microsoft Word format, following the abstract template here.
- Please rename the abstract submission file to the presenting author’s surname, prior to upload. E.g. ‘Smith.doc’.
Requirements for accepted submissions:
The presenting author of accepted oral and poster presentations must register for the conference no later than 11:59pm Friday, 5 April 2019 AEST. Failure to adhere to the above deadlines may result in removal from the program.
By submitting an abstract to the Biomimetics in Bioengineering Conference 2019, you agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined here. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the Presenter Policy outlined in this document.